12 Boneless skin-on chicken thighs.
Your favorite rub
Your favorite sauce
1lb. Parkay margarine (sticks)
Brine: 1/2 cup of kosher salt, 1 cup of sugar, 1 gallon of ice cold water.
1.Remove skin from all chicken thighs.
2.Using a sharp knife, remove as much fat from the underside of the skin as possible.
3.Store the skins in the fridge.
4. Place all of the thighs into the brine and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
5. Remove thighs from brine and pat completely dry.
6. Apply rub to the thighs and wrap the skin back around each thigh carefully tucking the skin under each. Lightly sprinkle top of each thigh with more rub.
7. Place all thighs in a foil pan.
8. Sprinkle more rub all over the pan.
9. Place pats of Parkay on top of each thigh and add more margarine between each thigh so that when melted the margarine reaches 1/4 up from the bottom of the thighs.
10. Place in Kamado Joe and hold the temp at 225F for 90 minutes.
11. Let the thighs reach internal temp of 150F – 155F.
12. Remove thighs from pan, place directly over coals and add sauce, leave the thighs over direct heat for 8 – 10 minutes while sauce sets.